Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tanya Markova


Tanya Markova, is another OPM band on the rise. Yeah, whatever.

Seriously, when I bought this album, I really don't know who the hell is Tanya Markova except for their song "Picture Picture", which, I don't really like the first time I heard it. I didn't even know about that the latest single of the band is entitled "Disney".

Ok. I bought the album. The album design and packaging is good. Now here comes the important part, the songs.

On the back of the album, there are 20 tracks to listen to. Some of them are just fillers. The first track is just a cool intro, which is about an intro of a fictional radio station called "665.9 Radio Inferno". Then the next track is a rock track entitled "M.I.M." Quite a surprise because the sound is heavier than their single. Next is the mellow song "Disney" followed by "Picture Picture". Listening through the whole album, I conclude that this band's genre is experimental/fusion. You can see traces of ballad, rock, punk and metal. My personal favorite is "Linda Blair", which is a song about a child who is possessed by an evil spirit similar to the excorcist. Well, that track is more of cute than scary.

Overall, I really liked the album. Not because of the musicality, but because the songs are fun.

No comments: